Principles of the B.E.N. - Balanced Education Network
- To understand and respect the natural stages and ages of the children as well as their individual needs, and to develop educational programs in order to foster the love of learning, inquiry, versatility, self-leadership and strength of character.
- To nurture the whole child, with a care to each child’s unique learning style and abilities in order to enhance the development of unique talents and personal expressions.
- To provide clear examples and frameworks to assist children in building their own knowledge and value systems, enhancing self-confidence, self-awareness and acuteness when approaching life situations.
- To offer integrated programs that encourage a harmony of qualities and academics in an environment that is supportive and caring to maximize freedom of expression and openness to learning.
- To encourage children to champion their family, national and natural history heritage, alongside growing awareness of global responsibilities and values in respect to the Canadian identity.
- To cooperate with and to provide continuous, consistent and clear leadership to the children, parents, and other educators within the teaching team, and to uphold the qualities necessary to do so in oneself.
- To continue to respond to the need to update educational practices for current and future generations of children with optimal enthusiasm and freshness as an education team.